Re: active speaker information in mixed streams

I am not sure whether this discussion should only continue on one of
the lists but until we figure that out I am going to answer here as
well

Sync isn't really the issue here. It's mostly about the fact that the
mixer is not a WebRTC entity. This means that it most likely doesn't
even know what SCTP is, it doesn't necessarily have access to
signalling and above all, the mix is likely to also contain audio from
non-webrtc endpoints. Using DataChannels in such situations would
likely turn out to be quite convoluted.

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org