Re: Proposed RTCRtpSender / Receiver / DTLS and Ice objects draft update

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com> wrote:

> After feedback from the community, I've decided to incorporate Peter's
> RTCRtpSender / Receiver and dtls / ice object split concepts / proposals.
>
> I've incorporated the ideas proposed thus far:
>
> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw2.github.com/robin-raymond/ortc/1c2065af84d21882203f6f735f06d181312cc6ec/ortc.html
>

> As compared to the previous version:
> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw2.github.com/openpeer/ortc/1458338dbfe13dcabb2f0d9d5ddb73e490e23a5a/ortc.html
>

> These changes have some impact and require some fixes as a result:
> 1) RTCSocket - this object is still required to allow for forking
> situations, but perhaps should be renamed to something more appropriate and
> also likely something that can be passed into the RTCIceTransport instead.
> We still need Ice server options which are currently missing from the
> proposal too.

I agree it's important to support the forking with some kind of object
shared by different IceTransports.  I have a few ideas about this.
Let me put together a proposal in the next few days.

> 2) RTCStream - not sure having a stream object makes much sense anymore if
> we treat each MediaStreamTrack as an independent thing constructed from and
> RTCRtpSender / RTCRtpReceiver object, and it's also no longer obtainable
> from the RTCIceTransport (formerly known as RTCConnection)

I agree this is no longer needed.

> 3) RTCDTMFTrack - this object doesn't make much sense anymore and I think we
> should entertain proposals on how to rework this idea into a new model (left
> in document to be reworked)

Hmm.... I hadn't even thought of this.  We definitely need to noodle
on it some more and how a DtmfSender (or whatever we call it) hooks up
to the new object setup.

> 4) RTCDataChannel - this object now requires some reworking because it
> doesn't wire the same way give the Dtls/Ice object split.

I was just about to mail a proposal about a adding an SctpTransport
object.  Coming soon to a mailing list near you :).