Re: A Big Proposal: A way to control quality/resolution/framreate/simulcast/layering with RtpSender

On 19 February 2014 15:44, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
> I think we still need scale for simulcast and maxBitrate for cases where you
> want to constrain bandwidth even when it's available.    And priority vs.
> resources seems pretty similar.

I'd like to take simulcast out actually.  I think that aside from some
bindings necessary to get playback right, you can achieve simulcast
transmission (what we are talking about here) by having multiple
tracks with different resolution constraints.  I don't think that
means fewer options sadly.

Maybe we can also discuss minimums.  I don't think that it's
worthwhile having minimum values initially, and maybe not ever, though
I'm open to the idea.  And I think that it's a universally applicable
thing across all axes.  I can see cases for minimums on all three:
frame rate (sign language), resolution (1x1, my image recognition
can't deal), and quality (my eyes, ow, my eyes).