Re: A Big Proposal: A way to control quality/resolution/framreate/simulcast/layering with RtpSender

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:01:11 -0800
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
Cc: Chris Wendt <chris-w3c@chriswendt.net>, "public-orca@w3.org" <public-orca@w3.org>
On 19 February 2014 14:56, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
> If you add it to what I have, then it's more complex.  If you add it and
> then remove other things, then it's less complex.  Perhaps get rid of
> minQuality and maxQuality with the setup you have, which could end up making
> it less complex overall.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a
> "proposal 2", fill in all the use cases with examples, and then compare the
> two.

Remove:
  double priority;
  double scale;
  double maxBitrate;
  double maxQuality;
  double minQuality;
  DOMString bias; // "resolution" or "framerate"
Add:
  double resources; // >0, relative to others (might constrain scope...)
  Preferences {
    double framerate; // 0..1
    double resolution; // 0..1
    double quality; // 0..1