Re: Forward compatibility and SDP APIs

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 16:25:16 +0200
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@skype.net>, "public-orca@w3.org" <public-orca@w3.org>
2013/9/5 Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>:
> I appear to be late to the party (I didn't even realize this list existed
> until yesterday).  But, what is SBC.js?

I expect it to be "Session Border Controller", which means "SDP
parser/mangler for fixing interop problems".

> And, by the way, what is this list trying to accomplish?  Have I missed
> anything good?

It is the public mail list of the W3 ORCA group:

  http://www.w3.org/community/orca/

in which ORTC (Object RTC API for WebRTC) is being designed:

  https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/blob/master/draft-w3c-ortc-api-00.md

Welcome!

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo