Re: DTMF API completed

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 11:58:17 -0700
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@skype.net>, public-orca <public-orca@w3.org>
On 3 September 2013 10:00, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:
> Could you explain that a bit more? I see no problem/limitation. Why do
> you want that the rest of the API has knowledge of DTMF? we have
> provided a specifiec RTCDTMFTrack class for that.

To be perfectly clear, DTMF is like forking.  You want to be able to
ignore it.  With a method on the RTCConnection class, you force users
to read, understand and then dismiss the feature.

If the intent is to make this a usable API, DTMF is not a feature you
want to shove in the faces of your users.  Turns out, the web already
has better methods for doing that sort of stuff.