RE: Call for API consensus

Thanks for doing this!

As I understand it, we're trying to build consensus on https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/blob/master/draft-w3c-ortc-api-00.md as a starting point for the community group API discussion and code experiments in the Github repo, correct?  You're not asking "is this right in every detail" but instead "is this a publishable first draft,  on which we can build experimental implementations and discuss how to incrementally improve the API?"

By the way, we're going into a long holiday weekend in North America, so I would suggest keeping the informal poll open for a week or so.

From: Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:04 AM
To: public-orca
Subject: Call for API consensus

Hi all,

Apart from some cosmetic details, AFAIK the current API [*] satisfies
most of the demand (but I may be wrong).

Of course there are still uncompleted fragments (some of them marked
as "TODO" in the spec) and some missing stuff (for example the
DataChannel definition, which IMHO will be really easy to
adapt/integrate in ORTC, or the JS exception definitions).

I would like to ask all of you to comment on separate mails about
issues you may find in the current API, or about any
improvement/change you may want to propose.

As Erik described in a previous mail, first of all we need to get
consensus in the API proposal, otherwise we have nothing :)

Thanks a lot.

[*] https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/blob/master/draft-w3c-ortc-api-00.md

--
Iņaki Baz Castillo