Re: Why Open Source is Replacing Open Standards

On 10/15/2014 3:02 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Speaking of open standards and priorities, here's a blog that
> postulates that if broad interoperability is a key goal, the best way
> to achieve that is to focus on OSS rather than open standards:

Interesting.

A year and a half ago, I was asked to give a "cloud" presentation
(attached).  I was disturbed by the lack of standardization in cloud
(despite a vibrant open source community), so I included (slides 36-42)
why OSS does not address what is needed for open standards.