RE: Model proposed by WA for competition results

Hi Duje,

Thanks for your reply. Correct, I understand that the WA model include these attempts within the detailed results. I'll try to illustrate these examples you mentioned (using JSON that perhaps is better to understand).

- Qualifying round of Croatian national championships in event of men's high jump. An athlete tries to clear the bar at 180cm, in second (out of usual three) attempt at this height fails (i.e. knocks bar from the stands):

{
  "waId": 0,  // Croatian National Championships 2021
  "athletes": [
    {
      "id": 2,
      "waId": 02,
      "firstName": "John",
      "lastName": "Smith",
      "birthdate": "2001-08-24",
      "country": "SLO",
      "sex": "male"
    }
  ],
  "venues": [
    {
      "id": 1,
      "waId": 0,
      "name": "Stadion Branko Čavlović-Čavlek",
      "country": "CRO"
    }
  ],
  "units": [
    {
      "waEventId": 0,
      "title": "Men's High Jump",
      "minAge": 18,
      "rounds": [
        {
          "type": "Qualification",
          "races": [
            {
              "number": 1,
              "wind": "NWI",
              "date": "2021-08-24",
              "startTime": "10:00:54",
              "endTime": "11:10:01",
              "results": [
                {
                  "athleteId": 02,
                  "wind": "NWI",
                  "result": "2.20",      // Supposing he cleared 2.20 in the Final (in MetresResultFormat)
                  "placeInRace": 5,      // 5th in this qualification contest
                  "placeInRound": 5,    // 8th in the overall qualification round
                  "qualified": "q",
                  "detail": [            // Array of DetailVerticalJump
                    {
                        "height": "1.75",   // MetresResultFormat
                        "attempts": "o"
                    },
                    {
                        "height": "1.80",
                        "attempts": "xxo",  <-- first and second attempt on 1.80 failed
                    }
                    {
                        "height": "2.00",
                        "attempts": "xo",       // Clears 2.00 in the qualification and it serves to "q"
                    }
                  ]
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

https://github.com/w3c/opentrack-cg/blob/main/incubation/wa-competition-model/use-cases/hj-qualification.json

- in the finals round of the Olympics in event 100m flat for ladies an athlete fails by performing the false start:

{
  "waId": 22,  // Olympics 2024
  "athletes": [
    {
      "id": 1,
      "waId": 1,
      "firstName": "Jane",
      "lastName": "Doe",
      "birthdate": "2000-08-24",
      "country": "SLO",
      "sex": "female"
    }
  ],
  "venues": [
    {
      "id": 12,
      "waId": 34,
      "name": "Saint-Denis Stadium",
      "country": "FRA"
    }
  ],
  "units": [
    {
      "waEventId": 11,
      "title": "Women's 100m",
      "rounds": [
        {
          "type": "Final",
          "races": [
            {
              "number": 1,
              "wind": "NWI",
              "date": "2024-08-24",
              "startTime": "10:00:54",
              "endTime": "11:10:01",
              "results": [
                {
                  "athleteId": 1,
                  "result": "DQ"       // Fault
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

https://github.com/w3c/opentrack-cg/blob/main/incubation/wa-competition-model/use-cases/100-final-DQ.json

- in the finals (as one and only round) of ladies triple jump the international meeting in Zadar, an athlete in the 5h round (out of usual 6) performs a valid jump of 13.43m with head wind of 1.2m.

{
  "waId": 10,  // International Meeting Zadar 2021
  "athletes": [
    {
      "id": 1,
      "waId": 1,
      "firstName": "Jane",
      "lastName": "Doe",
      "birthdate": "2000-08-24",
      "country": "SLO",
      "sex": "female"
    }
  ],
  "venues": [
    {
      "id": 120,
      "waId": 374,
      "name": "Višnjik Sports Center",
      "country": "CRO"
    }
  ],
  "units": [
    {
      "waEventId": 11,
      "title": "Women's Triple Jump",
      "rounds": [
        {
          "type": "Final",
          "races": [
            {
              "number": 1,
              "wind": "+1.2",
              "date": "2024-08-24",
              "startTime": "10:00:54",
              "endTime": "11:10:01",
              "results": [
                {
                  "athleteId": 1,
                  "wind": "+1.2",
                  "result": "13.43",    // in MetresResultFormat
                  "placeInRace": 2,     // Second in the (one) final
                  "placeInRound": 2,    // Place in the overall round
                  "detail": [           // Array of DetailOutdoorHorizontalJump
                    {
                        "result": "x",      // MetresResultFormat or fail
                        "wind": "+1.1"
                    },
                    {
                        "result": "13.00",
                        "wind": "+1.1"
                    },
                    {
                        "result": "12.22",
                        "wind": "+1.1"
                    },
                    {
                        "result": "x",
                        "wind": "+1.1"
                    },
                    {
                        "result": "13.43",
                        "wind": "+1.2"          //  <-- best performance at 5th attempt
                    },
                    {
                        "result": "x",
                        "wind": "+1.1"