Re: Crowdsourced venue database

On 4 December 2017 at 16:47, Nic Gould <mail@nicgould.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Andy, good stuff. Another data source that might be useful for finding
> tracks globally is the heatmap data from Strava.
>
> For example here you can clearly see Barn Elms track:
> https://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#15.66/-0.23413/51.47271/bluered/run which
> isn't on your site. I'm pretty sure Strava allow tracing of their data for
> updating OSM so hopefully no licensing issue.

Cool!

I don't have time to get into the Strava API, but if someone does, a
perfect idea for those small hours of the morning when little ones are
acting up ;-)
The Instagram API is also query-able - Chris Dack searched for
"athletics" and got a similar heatmap.

We will make sure our complete database is always exportable as JSON
soon.  For now I'll settle for making the verification/naming
friendly.

Mostpur Park is showing.  Do we support "ex-stadia" of historic interest?