Re: distinguishing between 'description URLs' and 'interface URLs'

On Tuesday, 8 May 2012 at 18:08, Michiel de Jong wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com (mailto:w3c@marcosc.com)> wrote:
> > If I tell you to "google it"
>

> sure, but that's natural language. maybe in casual language i can talk
> about 'the URI of the thing', and work out along the way what i meant,
> but in a machine-readable context that's just not good enough.

Can you provide more details? I'm puzzled as to when you would need to get to such a level of abstraction in an application?
> I'm starting to use URIs in javascript programs, so i need to name my
> variables correctly. I need these 5 distinct types of URIs, and
> they're definitely not interchangeable I would say.

Some examples would be great to understand a bit more the problem you are trying to solve (or have already solved! :) )

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au