Re: Expressing relations between targets?

Hi Benjamin,

Sure. The use case is not exactly the same as Rainer's but I think it
has some similarities.  Note that this was done with the OA data model
before it became the W3C model, so it's a little out of date that way as
well.

But anyway, the following is an annotation which reflects a user
annotating a bibliographic entry in a bibliographic dictionary. The
target of the annotation is the selection of the name Rhea in the entry
for the person entity named Cronus. The body of the annotation is a
graph which describes the bond between the resource identified by the
text "Rhea" with a Person entity with the uri for the Cronus person
entity (http://data.perseus.org/people/smith:cronus-1#this").

To be more complete, under this model there would ideally be

(1) an annotation which associated the text entry itself with the person
entity identifier for Cronus

(2) an annotation which annotates the "Rhea" text with a uri for the
person entity for Rhea,

(3) an annotation whose target is text selector for "He was married to
Rhea" and whose body is the graph of the relationship between the Rhea
entity and the Cronus entity

But we never got that far :-)

Best,

Bridget

{
   "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa-context-20130208.json",
   "@id": "urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1",
   "annotatedBy": {
     "@type": "foaf:Group",
     "@id": "http://data.perseus.org/sosol/users/Andrew",
     "foaf:member": [
       {
         "foaf:name": "Jane Doe",
         "@type": "foaf:person"
       }
     ]
   },
   "@type": "oa:Annotation",
   "dcterms:source":
"https://hypothes.is/api/annotations/18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg",
   "dcterms:title": "http://data.perseus.org/people/smith:cronus-1#this
identifies Rhea as object of snap:IntimateRelationship relationship in
urn:cts:pdlrefwk:viaf88890045.003.perseus-eng1:C.cronus_1",
   "annotatedAt": "2015-10-07T15:30:27.211185+00:00",
   "motivatedBy": "oa:identifying",
   "serializedBy": {
     "@id": "https://hypothes.is",
     "@type": "prov:SoftwareAgent"
   },
   "hasTarget": {
     "@id": "urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1#target-1",
     "@type": "oa:SpecificResource",
     "hasSelector": {
       "@id":
"urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1#target-1-sel-1",
       "@type": "oa:TextQuoteSelector",
       "exact": "Rhea",
       "prefix": "g the Titans. He was married to ",
       "suffix": ",\n                  by whom he b"
     },
     "hasSource": {
       "@id": "urn:cts:pdlrefwk:viaf88890045.003.perseus-eng1:C.cronus_1"
     }
   },
   "hasBody": {
     "@context": {
       "snap": "http://onto.snapdrgn.net/snap#",
     },
     "@graph": [
       {
         "@id":
"urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1#rel-target",
         "@type": "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#SpecificResource",
         "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#hasSelector": {
           "@id":
"urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1#target-1-sel-1",
           "@type": "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#TextQuoteSelector",
           "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#exact": "Rhea",
           "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#prefix": "g the Titans. He was
married to ",
           "http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#suffix": ",\n by whom he b"
         },
         "hasSource": {
           "@id":
"urn:cts:pdlrefwk:viaf88890045.003.perseus-eng1:C.cronus_1"
         }
       },
       {
         "@id": "http://data.perseus.org/people/smith:cronus-1#this",
         "snap:has-bond": [
"urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1#bond-1-1"
         ]
       },
       {
         "@id":
"urn:cite:perseus:pdljann.18IJy7d0QG2ztppbX3CCeg.1.1#bond-1-1",
         "@type": "snap:IntimateRelationship",
         "snap:bond-with": {