Re: Typing annotations ?

The tagging motivation is definitely the right one to use here.  The larger
question about how to make assertions, rather than just tagging, has been
an open question for a long time however.

In my opinion, the best way to do it *at the moment* is to have a body with
data in the value, rather than a human readable text string.  Just the same
as the SVG question, really.

So a TextualBody, with a value of (for example) '{"color": "blue", "shape":
"circle"}' and a format of application/json.
Alternatives would be to invent your own shape-tagging and color-tagging
motivations, but this clearly doesn't scale.  The Pund.it approach is good,
with a named graph as the body ... however it gets quite far into the RDF
data model.  In JSON-LD 1.1, there will be a much easier way to embed named
graphs and a future Annotation specification might then adopt that approach.

Hope that helps, or at least stirs discussion :)

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Semantic Architect