Re: Dublin Core prefixes in OA

Hi Paolo,

Yes, I understand, but then we have many occurrences of dc11:format, some
of dc11:language, and a few of dc:conformsTo.  I should clarify that I'm
not against it either, I'm just not in favour of a "face trade" that
introduces potential confusion downstream for adopters and implementers
unless there is some gain to outweigh that.

Another concern is the confusion in the JSON-LD serializations, as the
prefix:URI mapping takes place externally to the document containing the
graph (in the context.json resource).  Clearly implementers should look at
and understand that document, but if systems are used to adding in "dc:xxx"
and relying on the context to define dc as elements not terms, then there
would be a huge mess.

That said ... if W3C were to issue a JSON-LD context for the RDFA core
mappings, then we could inherit it as a best practice. That would provide a
substantive benefit, both in terms of understanding and reducing the need
for dereferencing of resources.

If we're going to change the way in which these predicates are *perceived*,
and it's possible to avoid a not-quite-deprecated ontology, then I think we
should fix it all the way through.  Thus my query about using terms:format
and terms:language.

Hope that clarifies!

Rob

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com