Re: FYI: Public Draft of the W3C Annotation Working Group Charter

This is good news and I add my thanks.

It will be no surprise to OA followers that only problem I have with
the early draft is that it does not unambiguously put data annotation
in the scope.  This is all the more disappointing given the quite
interesting efforts that Tim and Ivan have pointed out in
public-openannotation@w3.org about data citation practices, e.g.
http://force11.org/datacitation, in the context of increasing pressure
from funding agencies to provide the data behind the conclusions of
scientific publications.

--
Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390

Filtered Push Project
Harvard University Herbaria
Harvard University

email: morris.bob@gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://wiki.filteredpush.org
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram
===
The content of this communication is made entirely on my
own behalf and in no way should be deemed to express
official positions of The University of Massachusetts at Boston or
Harvard University.