Re: Best Practices - Semantic Tagging

Dear Tim,
in general, the OA model is meant to be used for achieving interoperability
(between systems).
Also it is normally used for defining instances of data and not for
meta-modelling.

In other words, as we are in the realm of XMLSchema and as your annotation
is not going to be reproduced in instances of data I would *personally* not
bother too much with the OA concept of annotation.

I would probably  do something similar to what you did or I would find some
other term that clearly states that the value is 'of topic' that specific
URI (some sort of range).

Alternative would be:
<xs:annotation>
      <xs:appinfo>
               <oa:semanticTag>

is a bit of a stretch.

Best,
Paolo

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Timothy W. Cook <timothywayne.cook@gmail.com

--
Dr. Paolo Ciccarese
http://www.paolociccarese.info/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee(s),
may contain information that is considered
to be sensitive or confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to
any other party without the permission of the sender.
immediately.