Re: New Draft comments: Multiplicity

>>> In the description we now talk about "equivalent classes",
>>
>> Note: as you put it below, Alt and Bag should not be equivalent classes to
>> Choice and Composite.
>
> Yes, not in the OWL sense.

>>> Could you write up a paragraph or so for them? Agreed that it would be
>>> good to be clear, and I'm not sure that I would do them justice.
>>
>> Editor's note: an algorithm to automatically derive oa:item statements from
>
> If we can get this finalized, I would like it to be just part of the
> specification rather than an editor's note.  I think it's valuable to
> explain.
>
>> the rdf:first/rdf:list pattern could be:
>>   1. Create a statement [l oa:item i .] for every statement [l rdf:first i .]
>
> Shouldn't there ever only be one rdf:first per rdf:List?

Yeah, but there are several lists (each one having an rdf:first).

>>   2. Create a statement [l oa:item i .] for every chain of statements [l
>> rdf:rest r . r oa:item i .] until no new statement can be created.
>
> Doesn't this imply that rdf:nil is also an oa:item of the List?  Can
> we avoid that?

I think it doesn't imply that. rdf:nil should appear as the rdf:rest of the "last list".

To rephrase it: the first axiom turns every rdf:first of the (nested) rdf:Lists into an oa:item; the second propagates every oa:item attached to a nested rdf:List into the "embedding" list--one step up the hierarchy of nested lists, until you reach the very first list, which is the body or the target or the selector.

Antoine