Re: New Specification Published!

Thanks for pinging me on this Ed.

The simplest thing for us certainly is to just upload the files to the
relevant bit of w3.org. It's not a one time operation - if you find that
you need to correct mistakes then, OK, we'll correct them, however, the
principle would be that the URIs and their associated semantics won't
change.

An actual area that you control is, as Ivan points out, more complex and
setting up redirects would seem odd. If the namespace is
http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation/core/ then that's really where the
files should be IMO.

Phil.

On 06/02/2013 10:58, Ivan Herman wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2013, at 11:41 , Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Yes, http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation/core/ and
>> http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation/core/* should not give a 404.. at
>> least now that we are in a way going to be calling for
>> implementations.
>>
>> Are we able to do a redirect to our RDFS/OWL (has it been updated?),
>> or do we hand it to W3C for publication?
>
> Technically, a redirection is possible I guess but, usually, it is preferred to have it stored locally (long term preservation and access, that sort of things...)
>
> On the other hand, the community group may also have its own publishing space at W3C; that is something that has to be settled with Ian Jacobs I believe.
>
> Ivan
>

>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> wrote:
>>> Congratulations on the new spec! The level of discussion and
>>> collaboration around openannoation has been really impressive.
>>>
>>> I apologize if this has come up before, but is there a plan to move
>>> the vocabulary over into the w3c namespace? I happened to have a
>>> conversation with Phil Archer at the w3c last week who (correct me if
>>> I'm wrong here Phil) indicated that this is a service that the w3c has
>>> been thinking about offering for community groups. The idea being that
>>> a vocabulary could have a persistent home at the w3c. Also, I think a
>>> w3c namespace for openannotation would lend the vocabulary some
>>> additional credibility outside the digital library domain.
>>>
>>> I thought I would ask now, as we can expect more openannotation
>>> implementations in the near future :-)
>>>
>>> //Ed

>> --
>> Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team