Content in RDF

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:34:44 +0100
To: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
Hi, I see in June we agreed:

Action Item: The OA Community should talk to the CNT Community once
the question of moving OA into a W3C Working Group has been resolved.

Did anything happen with that? I am trying to use Content in RDF from
Jena, but I ran into a problem because their Datatype properties are
declared as ObjectProperties!

>From http://www.w3.org/2011/content#

        <rdf:Property rdf:ID="chars">
                <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#ContentAsText" />
                <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Character sequence</rdfs:label>
                <rdfs:comment xml:lang="en">The character sequence of
the text content.</rdfs:comment>
                <rdfs:range
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Literal" />
                <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty" />
        </rdf:Property>

This means that the property is both a datatype property (pointing to
a literal) and an ObjectProperty (pointing to a resource) - which is
odd and not even valid OWL punning. It would not make sense to have
cnt:chars <someURI> because then you no longer have the Content in the
RDF.

This was not a problem in http://www.w3.org/2008/content (which did
not OWL-type the properties) - so it seems like it was introduced by
accident.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science