Re: OA and provenance

Many thanks, Paolo!   My struggle was rooted in my experience in a more
literary domain.  Your descriptions of the research process to which Domeo
is applied clarified the case completely.

It also puts into relief the philosophical difficulty of your question of
trying to distinguish agents according to the primary and secondary nature
of the relationships they create when the core process in which the
secondary agents are engaged could be a "tertiary" one:  one secondary
agent's annotation of another secondary agent's annotation, thereby
transforming the latter into a "derivative conceptual annotation".

And to boot, crowdsourcing seems not to like a hierarchical view.

Cheers,
BobB

--
Robert Bolick