Re: Streamlining the OA Model oax:range vs, endIndex

Hi all,
the meeting was really interesting and I learned a lot. For NIF 2.0, I
will draft such a document specifying a mapping, between the two
models.  I think the most difficult part here are the mappings between
the selectors.

Here is an initial question:
In http://www.openannotation.org/spec/extension/#SelectorOffset was
there any strong reason to use oax:range instead of something like end
When querying with SPARQL, you can:

with range: order all selections by length, get all selection of a
specific length, query if any annotation begin at a certain position

with begin, end index: query if any annotation are within a certain
region, query for overlaps and locality of annotations, i.e. is there an
annotation in this paragraph?

Addition/subtraction is quite an expensive aggregate. So what do you
think is the more common use case. I would vote for begin and end index
and querying overlaps and inclusion. Maybe, we can do it similar to
Apache Stanbol, which also uses endIndex.

Any opinions on this? Should I copy/paste and open an issue in the Wiki?
Or could there be consensus right the first time?

Sebastian

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann
Events: