Re: Connecting multiple fragment selectors with individual bodies

Hello again,

as now some time has gone by, I was able to ingest the discussions (in
particular "hasContext", "selection filtering" and "textual node
example" of the last couple of weeks, and think about their
applicability to my use case. Summarising, I can identify two promising
alternatives:

1) Using CompositeAnnotation
The advantage is, that it clearly composes what I want to compose, a set
of sub annotations under the ceiling of one annotation.
Disadvantage: A lot of oa:annotations will have to be created in the
model, which are some kind of "unwanted" and waisting somewhat the model.

2) A combination of multiple bodies and the hasContext property
If I understood right, hasContext is thought to be used in any Specific
Resource. Thus, I could create a Specific Body Resource and use the
hasContext property to assign that body to a Specific Target Resource
(Saying, the body makes only sense if regarded within the scope of the
given target resource). The ladder may include source and fragment
selector selecting the XML-Document as source and an XPath for selecting
XML elements within the source. Finally the content of my Specific Body
Resource holds - besides the hasContext statement - the annotated value
and comment related to the selected XML element.

If, furthermore oa:annotation may incorporate multiple bodies, I could
create one Specific Body as described above, and connect them with the
dedicated Specific Target Resource. I think, that would perfectly match
my requirements and would also avoid to create a bunch of unnessary
oa:annotation instances within the model:-)

What I did not really get from the discussions, if hasContext's use in
SpecificResource is intended as an addition or an alternative to the
other concepts (e.g. Selector) within a Specific Resource. If it is
thought as an addition, hasContext could also be used within the
Specific Target resource, to relate a specific body resource with that
specific target including fragment selector. That would also be an
adequate solution to my use case too!

Looking forward regarding the first release of an OA standard, I would
very appreciate to see both concept in that upcoming release, because I
think they are easy to understand and could perfectly solve any problems
I had with my use case and OA.

best
Lutz