Re: URI fragments

Hi Nick,
the idea is that you can use the fragments URIs but not directly as they
are.

Given the current structure of the OA model we *recommend* to split source
and fragment for the reasons that are listed in the specs. In other words,
if you use a fragment URI directly that might work for you but we wanted to
make clear that, within this model, that would create problems in using
other features, querying, sharing and recording additional provenance info.

As for http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt The adjective "RECOMMENDED",
mean that there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to
ignore a particular item, but the full implications must be understood and
carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

Therefore if you have
http://www.example.com/example.ogv#t=10,20
we recommend to brake it down:

<SpTarget1> a oa:SpecificResource ;
    oa:hasSelector <Selector1> ;
    oa:hasSource <http://www.example.com/example.ogv> .

  <Selector1> a oa:FragmentSelector ;
    rdf:value "t=10,20" .

And the Fragment URI may be reconstructed by concatenating the oa:hasSource
resource's URI, plus a '#', plus the value of the Fragment Selector. As OA
model is a format for exchange, the application consuming the annotation
dat is supposed to perform the operation when necessary.

Of course, I agree the above set of triples does not look as compact as
http://www.example.com/example.ogv#t=10,20 is. But in general terms, we
know that approach causes side effects.

Hope this helps,
Paolo

--
Dr. Paolo Ciccarese
http://www.paolociccarese.info/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee(s),
may contain information that is considered
to be sensitive or confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to
any other party without the permission of the sender.
immediately.