Re: NEW DRAFT: Documentation and OA/OAX

Dear Jacco, Paolo and all,

Not to "me too" but I definitely agree with your point of view overall.
 It's important that the documentation be welcoming as well as precise, and
the current split doesn't do that very well.

A quick question to get some feedback:

I was interested by the use of CSS as an example, as I wouldn't have
included it as an example of a simple specification.  CSS level 1 is
obsolete, and CSS 2.1 has 17 sections and 8 Appendices, at least one of
which has more than 100 subsections!
( http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS/#css1 and http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ )

This made me think that *at the moment* perhaps what we need aren't formal
specifications, but instead tutorials and guiding documents should receive
more attention?  This would mean that we weren't bounded by some of the
formality and permanence restrictions required of W3C specifications. Once
the model is better understood, especially regarding the choices that have
been made over the process, it would be easier to have more detailed
discussions about the most appropriate way to move forwards.

Thanks,

Rob