Re: F2F Decision: Sub-classing

Content Negotiation for resolving the correct representation of a resource
is a fundamental aspect of the web architecture, and necessary for
meaningfully interpreting an annotation which has a negotiable resource as
either body or target.

On the other hand, the expectation that a particular consumer of an
annotation will take a particular action after consuming it is not required
information for any other consumer.  And if it was present, any such action
would be dependent on the implementation details of the consuming system.
As such it is not in scope for a general M<-->N interoperability
specification, whereas the standardized content negotiation is necessary
for all clients to correctly interpret and render the annotation.

Rob