HTML and text Re: Questionn on annotation a text section

Hi all,
Here is basically the same annotation in NIF:

<http://example.org/2012/07/18/news#offset_97_103> its:mentions <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Eiffel_Tower> .

(yes it is basically only one triple). We are currently preparing a
draft for the NIF 2.0 Spec: http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/ We really would
like to have a one-to-one transition to Open Annotation and I will write
a separate mail regarding this soon.

I have a question on the text selection. How do you mix your
TextOffsetSelector with HTML? Especially doing the transition to Xpath.
E.g. <h2 title="Begrüßung" id="welcomeheader" >Hall&ouml;chen!</h2>

I assume that your TextOffsetSelector assumes plain text and works on
the HTML sources?
Do you have a transition from XPath (interpreting HTML source as DOM) to
text and vice versa?
Sebastian

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann