Re: An annotation specifying a relation

Dear all,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes
<soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Robert Casties
> <casties@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de> wrote:
>> I want to be able to create annotations that are "about" a relation
>> between two (or more) targets. How do I represent that in the OAC model?
>> For example, I want to annotate that I think that sentence S1 in text T1
>> has been influenced by sentence S2 in text T2.

> a) oax:hasSemanticTag and multiple targets
> This would be an undirected relation as targets are unordered.

Unless you also included the :influenced relationship between the two targets.
Then the annotation is just a convenient space to record the
information and make use of the SpecificResource classes.  The body
could be omitted, not present, or the triple as recommended below.

> This semantic tag is intended mainly for classification.

Certainly that's one of the common uses, but by no means the only one.
 Tagging the names of people/genes/etc with the object's URI would
also be another very common use case I think, but doesn't seem quite
the same as classification.

> c) Multiple targets, named graph as body (my recommendation):

And mine, though by either embedding the graph resource using
ContentAsText (most likely) or by referencing an external resource if
it becomes complex.  The reasons being the same as in the extension
document -- Named Graph serializations will break parsers expecting
"regular" RDF.

> You do not have to use named graph serialisations such as TriG to
> represent this, <http://example.com/aboutNewSentence> could (SHOULD)
> be a regular RDF resource (RDF/XML, Turtle, etc) containing the body
> graph.

Yep! :)

Rob