Re: SportSuite 'Mega List'

From: Andy Robinson <andy@reportlab.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 07:36:01 +0000
To: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@theodi.org>
Cc: public-openactive@w3.org
Kim, thanks for this, and Leigh, thanks for sending the sheet around.

I see there is some subdivision of athletics and running events in
there.  This is a nit "niche", but we have suggested a standard set of
codes for the events in the sport and for representing distances in a
parseable way, and free tools and open source code will be emerging
later this year to work with data in this format:

     http://opentrack.run/standards/

As a taxonomy emerges, I would urge people to think of giving each
sport/activity a simple, URL-safe code. For one-word sports this could
be as simple as capitalising it.

- Andy