Re: documents

Dear all,

Am 04.11.13 18:47, schrieb John P. McCrae:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> 1. I am not sure what you are trying to say about lexical variants, it
> seems very similar to Elena and Jorge's existing proposal, if I am not
> mistaken.

I was not trying to add anything really new to the discussion, but I
promised to work things out in a few examples. The novel thing is that I
treat lexicalVariants as Invididuals rather than as properties as
discussed. I was trying to show the implications of this with an example.
We can discuss it in more detail during our telco this week.

> 2. The SKOS-XL mapping seems straightforward and in line with our
> discussion. The issue I have is that nothing should map to SKOS's
> "hidden" label category, which is used for "character string to be
> accessible to applications performing text-based indexing and search
> operations, but would *not* like that label to be visible otherwise."
> Firstly, feminine forms of nouns would be alternative not hidden in
> SKOS. Secondly, I do not think we need such a broad category in the
> Ontolex model, that is we do not need to model frequent misspellings
> except for  deliberate misspellings, and other reasons for hiding
> labels in SKOS can be better described according to their pragmatic
> restrictions (e.g., antiquated, vulgar terminology etc.)

Yes, probably you are right and we should not use the hiddenLabel for
anything.

--

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano

Phone: +49 521 106 12249