Re: Linking to SKOSXL (following our call)

Armando, all,

  thanks a lot for this careful and on-the-point expostion (not long at
all!)

I like the proposal very much indeed. It seems very elegant to me that
LexicalEntries can be used as SKOS labels by people who have SKOS
thesauri and need more linguistic expressivity. That's a nice feature
indeed! I had not thought about this.

The inferences you propose are partially not possible in OWL, but I do
not see this as a problem for now. One can always do some more
procedural reasoning to to these inferences (e.g. by SPARQL Construct
for instance).

The only issue I see is that LexicalEntry would inherit the following
restriction: restriction on|skosxl:literalForm
<#literalForm>|cardinality exactly 1

But I think this can be justified by clearly stating that
skosxl:literalForms are different from our Forms.

We could indeed infer the literalForm from the canonicalForm (possible)?
but this might lead to inconsistencies as we infer a different from that
the one specified.

I propose we talk about this on the telco on Nov. 8th.

Any opinions on this, please shout!

Enjoy the public holiday tomorrow, there will be no ontolex telco tomorrow.

Regards,

Philipp.

--

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano

Phone: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 12412
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de

Forschungsbau Intelligente Systeme (FBIIS)
Raum 2.307
Universität Bielefeld
Inspiration 1
33619 Bielefeld