Re: telco today at 15:00 (CET)

Hello Everyone,

I assume no telcon today, right?

Best,

Alessandro
On May 24, 2013, at 7:09 AM, John McCrae wrote:

> Hi Elena,
>
> The proposal is interesting but there is a clear issue: if I have two entries in the same synset then it is unclear which sense belongs to which. E.g.,
>
> man --ontolex:means-> wordnet:man-synset --ontolex:sense-> :man_sense1 --ontolex:reference-> dbpedia:Man
> homo --ontolex:means-> wordnet:man-synset --ontolex:sense-> :homo_sense1 --ontolex:reference-> dbpedia:Man
>
> For that reason it would be necessary to include a link between the entry and the sense
>
> man --ontolex:sense-> :man_sense1
> homo --ontolex:means-> :homo_sense1
>
> In fact, though such a representation would not be precluded by out existing model, as long as we include inverse links, so we could have something like
>
> man --ontolex:denotes-> wordnet:man-synset --ontolex:isMeantBy-> :man_sense1 --ontolex:reference->dbpedia:Man
>
> Where obviously in ontolex
>
> denotes = sense o means
> isMeantBy = Inverse(means)
>
> Regards,
> John
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Elena Montiel Ponsoda <elemontiel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> quick representation of the proposed path (not sure if it really makes sense...)
>
> corn --ontolex:means-> wordnet:corn_n_xxx --ontolex:sense-> :corn_sense1 --ontolex:reference-> fao:Corn (a skos:Concept)
>
> A Lexical Entry (corn) has_Meaning WordNet Synset, and from the bag of words in the Synset, one sense (sense 1) is selected/restricted and is the one that points to the Ontology Entity
>
> In this way we would keep the "original" idea of the Lexical Sense of acting as a bridge between the Sense and the Ontology Entity.
>
> Cheers,
> elena
>

> El 17/05/2013 9:14, Philipp Cimiano escribió:
>
> Dear all,
>
>   I propose we do a short telco today on use cases (IFLA, Eurosentiment, WordNet, ....) and discuss transition to working group.
>
> John and myself did not have the chance this week to work on a document summarizing discussions, but we will do next week or the week after latest.
>
> Access details can be found here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Teleconference,_2013.17.05,_15-16_pm_CET
>
> Talk to you later,
>
> Philipp.
>

> --
> Elena Montiel-Ponsoda
> Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)
> Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
> Facultad de Informática
> Campus de Montegancedo s/n
> Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, España
> www.oeg-upm.net
> Tel. (+34) 91 336 36 70
> Fax  (+34) 91 352 48 19

Alessandro Oltramari
Research Associate
Psychology Department
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213
Tel.:  +1-412-268-6284
Mobile: +1-412-689-1514
Fax.: +1-412-268-2798
Homepage: http://fms.psy.cmu.edu/member/aoltrama
Twitter: oltramale
"There’s no such thing as the unknown– only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.” (Capt. James Tiberius Kirk)