Re: Updated charter

> On 11 Nov 2015, at 2:35 AM, Phil Archer <phila@w3.org> wrote:
>
> @Axel - I've tightened up the definition of the vocabulary to include explicit semantics.

I think the “formal semantics” should be more part of the Vocabulary, than the Info Model [1].

We also had some discussion on the list about JSON v JSON-LD [2].
It seems we would have a JSON spec, with a section that says how to support JSON-LD.

> The name I've used at the moment is Open Permissions and Obligations Expressions WG (OPOE). This, I hope, takes us beyond the licensing discussion but avoids using the word 'rights.'

But ODRL calls “obligations” Duties ? (And we also have Prohibitions…)

What if we refined “Policy” as “Digital Policy” to appease people who think we are tackling ALL policies (ie organisational, etc)

Renato Iannella
Head of Innovation and Emerging Technologies, KnowledgeFlux
Level 7, 100 Edward St, Brisbane 4000 AUSTRALIA +61 4 1313 2206

[1] http://w3c.github.io/ole/charter.html

[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-odrl/2015Nov/0003.html