Re: Request Re Editing Charter

On 6 Dec 2011, at 5:34 PM, Roger Cutler wrote:

> Thanks, worked like a charm.  It is utterly unclear to me what HTML you can put into these wikis and have it work.  It certainly didn't work to try to put the standard charter css stuff up front.  It just made a mess.  The common thread seems to be that if I try to put in an HTML tag that I think might be nice -- it doesn't work.  But when someone else uses some tag I'd never dream of using -- it works like a champ.  The documentation available from the link on the edit page doesn't seem to be either complete or completely correct, at least in this context.

Hi Roger,

I'm not a wiki editing pro. Here's a table of contents for how to accomplish some tasks (headings, lists, links, tables, etc.) using "markdown" syntax:
 http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents

It turns out you can also use some HTML code directly. Apparently that's documented here:
 http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:HTML_in_wikitext

I hope that helps!

Ian