Re: Request Re Editing Charter

On 6 Dec 2011, at 2:59 PM, Roger Cutler wrote:

> Just to help me keep track of what's going on and to avoid getting into an unintentional do-undo back and forth -- if you edit the draft charter could you please email me and give me a hint what you did?

Hi Roger,

I want to point out up top (you mention it below) the editing history:
 http://www.w3.org/community/oilgaschem/wiki/index.php?title=Oil,_Gas_and_Chemicals_Business_Group_Charter&action=history

> Ian -- I think that you took out the voting and patent sections because there are no requirements, right?

Right:

1) The proc doc voting requirements don't apply to BGs.
2) The patent requirements are covered by the CLA and FSA; you could link to them but I thought it was unnecessary.

> It does seem to me, however, that it might be a good idea to discuss the IP framework for Community and Business Groups anyway, as an informational thing.

No problem with that.

> I have in mind pointing to the IP page for Community groups and perhaps including some "user friendly" approximate discussion along the lines that you once sent me.  Sound OK?

I would avoid paraphrasing the policy. You could just say something vanilla like "Contributions are made under Community and Business Group agreements" with a link to the agreements.

[Meanwhile, I am working on a summary of the policy (not yet ready).]

Ian