From: Joshua Cornejo <josh@marketdata.md>
Sent: 22 July 2024 14:49
To: public-odrl@w3.org
Subject: Re: of Duties

Hola Victor,

There are potentially good use cases, just working on the chain of responsibilities.

As I am working on the evaluation, there is also the challenge for three types of users:

  *   those building policies (‘What does it mean an obligation with X action as I am ‘testing’ in my sand box?’),
  *   those evaluating the policies in production (‘What happens when P tries to execute action X that only is specified as an obligation?),
  *   those responsible for any ‘post mortem’ once a policy has been finalised (‘what actions were executed successfully, which remain outstanding, etc?).

Being easily extensible also creates downstream complexity, so having good guard rails that minimise misinterpretation is (sort of) the reason of my enquiry.

Regards,
Joshua Cornejo
marketdata<https://www.marketdata.md/>
embed open standards