Re: Hotel video rentals and Duty Classes

It is possible to infer that “Fulfill” has temporal aspects…that is…the word may mean that the duty has been actioned/completed (eg the amount payed before playing the video).

But I think policies like the Hotel Movie rental should be very explicit and state that the compensation is due at the end of the hotel stay.
(yes, this makes it harder for implementors!)

So, Example 22 https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/#duty-perm
could be updated with operator “eq” and rightOperand of the constraint being “hotel:checkOut”