Re: ODRL 2.0 Vocabulary - double Action terms

On 17 Apr 2013, at 02:16, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org> wrote:

> Group:
> The ODRL Vocabulary of actions has a few entries which have two terms in the identifier column.
> How to apply such a “double-identifier”?
> Is <o:action id="ac1" name="http://w3.org/ns/odrl/vocab#copy"/> the same as <o:action id="ac1" name="http://w3.org/ns/odrl/vocab#reproduce"/> ?
> And: is this really necessary? A key notion for having globally unique identifiers for terms is to have a single id for a specific term only.

It would be nice if there was only one identifier...but we have two in some cases when the same concept has been represented (in the past) by two different terms. In some cases it was because we wanted to express CC-like semantics but without deprecating our original V1.1 terms.

The nice thing about our new Ontology is that we can explicitly say that "Copy sameAs Reproduce" [1]
and others may say mpeg21:delete sameAs odrl:delete etc...

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com