Re: Some Questions about the XML Encoding of ODRL v2

On 18 Jan 2014, at 00:52, Myles, Stuart <SMyles@ap.org> wrote:

> Ř  Yes, it is required. Since uid and type are mandatory attributes, it was assumed, but is mandatory in the XML Schema.
> Ř  Will make it more specific....
>
> I think that including a policy element in every example would help. Especially for people (like me) who mainly use the examples and might not read every single line of the formal spec J

Ok...draft spec has been updated: http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/work/2-0-xml-encoding-constraint-draft-changes/

[Note, there still seems to be a bug in Wordpress with the XML Highlighter plugin....switching between HTML/Visual mode kills the code....so beware for now..]

>  Ř  That has been fixed in the Draft xml spec: http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/work/2-0-xml-encoding-constraint-draft-changes/
>
> Oh... I missed (had forgotten) that there’s a Draft spec subsequent to the “Final” spec. Do we need to do something to move it from Draft to Final.

There are some dependencies with some of the outstanding issues (#15, 17, 18) that effect the XML Spec:
 - single namespace
 - vocab term changes
 - identify profiles

Cheers...