From: Yriarte, Luc [mailto:luc.yriarte@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:57 PM
To: public-nfc@w3.org
Subject: draft summary for today's call

This is really just a skeleton / summary of the discussion, please add notes as needed.

Attendees: Dave, David, Luc, Samuel, Gilles

Chair: Luc
Scribe: Samuel

- Review of the DAP wiki NFC use cases
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Near_field_communications_%28NFC%29#Use_cases_submitted_to_DAP_mailing_list

- Need to take out use cases that rely on Secure Elements from the spec. Lenghty discussion between Gilles, Samuel and Luc regarding the scope of the NFC API versus the Secure Elements API in some edge cases. Summary: several concurrent Secure Elements may be accessible on the system, and discovered by the NFC radio, triggering a notification from the NFC stack. However at the HTML5 API level, these notifications can be exposed by a S.E. API even if originating from NFC.

- Dave mentions upcoming workshop on web paiments, date and location TBD.
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/Overview.html

- In conclusion to the meeting, Luc will extract some of the use cases that are relevant to the NFC API only and add them as appendix to the spec.

- Actions:
- Dave sends a few links to existing specs including use cases, as examples
- Luc updates the draft to include use cases.

Cheers,

Luc

Luc YRIARTE - OTC Software Engineer
INTEL Corp. Montpellier, France

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros