Re: handover API ?

Hi Luc,

I think this would be a very convenient API. It could also apply to the Tag
interface when we want to write a Handover NDEF there (Handover select for
static handover).

Also, in order to avoid offering the same feature through several API paths,
we should forbid to build Handover NDEF if we offer this handover specific
API. Otherwise apps would be able to use both the Handover creation +
nfcpeer.sendndef API and the nfcpeer.startHandover one, for exactly the same
results. I think this is a confusion we should avoid.

Cheers,
Samuel.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 04:26:46PM +0000, Yriarte, Luc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We were thinking about adding a Bluetooth / WiFi handover request API. The most common use case would be initiating a bluetooth handover request so that a peer device could accept bluetooth peering just by moving in the NFC range.
>
> Here we could add a new method to the NFCPeer interface:
> http://w3c.github.com/nfc/proposals/intel/nfc.html#interface-nfcpeer
>
>     enum HandoverType { "bluetooth", "wifi" };
>
>     void startHandover(HandoverType type,
>         optional Function? successCallback,
>         optional Function? errorCallback);
>

> Does that sound okay ? Are there other use-cases like this that should be covererd ?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Luc YRIARTE - OTC Software Engineer
> INTEL Corp. Montpellier, France

> Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
> Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
> 92196 Meudon Cedex, France
> Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
> Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/