Re: draft charter for a W3C NFC working group

On 10/05/12 15:22, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L wrote:

> I believe LLCP support will be required for some of the use cases
> (especially the ones I submitted) at
> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Near_field_communications_%28NFC%29

Okay, having heard two companies asking for LLCP support, I have added a
work item for LLCP where we would work on an API to establish an HTML
Message Channel, as that seems the simplest approach for us to specify
that offers bidirectional asynchronous messaging. Here is an indicative
example of what the API could look like:

   NFC.peer(successCB, failureCB);

The success call back is passed a newly created MessageChannel object.
The app can now set a listener on port1 and send messages to port2. If
the peered device is running a web application, it would get a DOM event
to signal the establishment of the peer to peer connection along with
the corresponding MessageChannel. For more details on HTML
MessageChannel, see:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/comms.html#channel-messaging

The precise details would of course need to be discussed. Would
something like that fit your needs for the charter? See the updated
charter text:

   http://www.w3.org/2012/05/nfc-wg-charter.html

Best regards,