Re: help wanted with <sub-head> custom elmenent

On 5 May 2014 17:00, Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Apart from nits (your tabs/spaces are all over the place - makes code hard
> to review), the implementation  looks very simple. I think the "sub-head"
> thing might confuse people (as "sub-" is the, um, "namespace")... maybe
> call it 'x-subhead' or 'w3c-subhead'.

gotcha, will fix tabs etc and give the naming convention some thought

> I don't see the stuff you mention in the reply to Francois in the
> implementation - I also don't see those things in the spec.

need to udpate spec, I am polyfilling the role description (it's based an
aria property currently being discussed [1]) by inserting a text prefix at
the start of the subheading "sub-heading:" I would like provide a
localization of the text keyed to an ancestor lang attribute declaration.
issue: https://github.com/ThePacielloGroup/sub-head/issues/2

I need to explain in spec about how the implementation differs (expression
of acc role/properties differ) when <subhead> is a child or sibling

> I think you should make the implementation inherit from HTMLElement, but
> have a HTMLSubHeadElement interface. This is to make it easy to add things
> in the future.

ok

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014May/thread.html#msg0

--