Re: Next Web Focus

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>wrote:

> Yeah.  I tend to find that people who have a sharp primary interest - say
> graphic design or application development - just want the rest of the Web
> to get out of their way.  It doesn't have to die, it just shouldn't
> constrain them.

I'd hardly call "application development" a "sharp" interest, certainly not
when contrasted with the document-centric view of the Web. Viewing
documents, linking between them, styling them, organizing them--*that* is a
very limited problem domain, i.e., a sharp interest. Application
development encompasses that (as one particular application of software),
but there are so, so many more. There are more applications than are dreamt
of in your philosophy.

"As you might guess, I have no patience for that attitude."

It might surprise you, but most people don't care what you don't have
patience for. If you don't want to dialogue with those who see things
differently than you, so be it. If you want to contribute something
constructive, feel free.

-a