Re: Lions and tigers and bears, oh my...

On Sep 11, 2013 10:47 PM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
wrote:

> I actually like the idea. You should talk to Tab about this.
http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b4K_0 would benefit from it.

Yes.  I think anything that involves prollyfilling a linked source or
anything interpreted (but not really dom altering) could... Thats the idea
- and most of the bullets listed in that readme.

> I’m not quite sure about the link/promise stuff. You can as easily
replace the <link> with a <script> containing an XHR, and that will trigger
the download almost as soon as with a declarative link. I don’t say the
idea is not worth exploring, but that it’s not the feature that will keep
us from moving forward.

Yes, faster actually - but it requires significant knowledge and careful
placement and generally, promises or something equivalent.  That is
generally less than ideal for authors who just want to use the damn thing
and it creates problems that ever prollyfill needs to re-solve without good
answers how they can play nicely together:  how many xhr promise patterns
do we need to send down? Even with the buffered parse observers: How do i
ensure that we get the right notifications for us, etc without dragging
down the page.  I think this gives us a pattern and the base of tools you
need to easily answer a lot of those questions.  It is pluggable with new
interpreters, etc.  it also handily provides an implementation for many of
those things people have been asking for for years of script tags - better
author control over async and blocking interpretation.

Its meant to generate discussion, so i am not saying "thats it" but i think
when you really dig in there is a surprising amount there given the amount
of code - pretty sure majority of the code is promises and setImmediate
prollys.

all kind of related.  I think I'm ready to share two and get feedback.
 I've sent the TL;DR rationale/basic idea to a few you but that's way too
involved...