Re: Reviewing the querySelectorLive prollyfill

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 18:02:19 +0200
To: "David Herman" <dherman@mozilla.com>
Cc: <public-nextweb@w3.org>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm looking for friendly web angels who are okay reviewing the 1st
> > iteration of my live querySelectorAll prollyfill:
>
> Simple point of confusion (sorry I'm missing some context), isn't this a
> polyfill and not a prollyfill?

If I was implementing querySelectorAll, yes.

I'm actually implementing a modified version which "listen" to a selector
and dispatch events when new elements match, or old elements stop to match.

> I don't see the source code, only the demo HTML file, README, and a couple
> dot-files. Did you check the source in somewhere else?

For now, I put everything in the HTML file (ie: inline scripts). I'm working
on splitting that just now :-)

> I guess it depends whether you intend this to patch prototypes or actually
> provide a different entry point from querySelectorAll.

I'm more concerned about the other things I use in my prollyfill like the
Event Streams, I don't want to pollute the global namespace but maybe they
could be useful for other projects as well.