Re: Task Queues as a primitive

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 17:21:17 +0100
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>
Cc: "public-nextweb@w3.org" <public-nextweb@w3.org>

On Monday, July 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> On Monday, July 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > There is also the setImmidate() spec (which seems to have stagnated for a few years!):
> >
> > https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/setImmediate/Overview.html
> Such a great name. :-/

Thou shall yield to the superior naming of creative spec editors! Pretty funny/sad that setImmediate() (argh, hard to spell!) is not even in the ToC :)

Anyway, I think this one could be a good feature for the group to work on. It's nice and small, has a lot of utility, all the bits are in place (e.g., bugs have already been filed on browsers, and one browser already implements!) … and it would give us an opportunity to lay down some kind of work mode around here.