Re: Call for vote on structure - Re: Please assign yourself on GH

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Clint Hill wrote:

> Marcos - Happy to vote - but want to make an observation/point before we
> do:
>
> RequireJS forces an async nature to the entire lib. This causes a blip in
> it's usability by prollyfills using it in a compiled state and even by us
> when we work with it in a decomposed state.

Remember that the final code will just be a single file. The only advantage in using AMD right now is that it makes development a bit easier (IMO).

> I think there is a 1.5 choice:
>
> I want to create a build system that composes the web-idl.js as a whole
> for testing/running while allowing me to code in separated source files.

That fine, we just run it through r.js. I'm doing that for the Web MIDI Prollyfill already and it works a treat:

See:
https://github.com/marcoscaceres/adlib.js

> (I would point to the work that the Ember.js team have been doing in this
> aspect as guidance.They've done really smart things with mini-spade,
> sourceMap etc.)

Sounds interesting, if you have a pointer that would be great.

--
Marcos Caceres