Re: Reopening a conversation

On Feb 5, 2013 2:19 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've shared an illustration of the output of Tab's parser
> > https://raw.github.com/bkardell/css-parser/master/docs/parser-info.html.
> > The only thing that is slightly misleading/confusing is that this is the
> > json serialization which isn't exactly the same as the object you get
from
> > parse.  In reality, we could use either/or.  I'd like to propose that
this
> > is probably the best and most complete parser for anything compatible
with
> > the syntax.  We should be able to easily extend this for slightly easier
> > consumption or run it through transforms if it doesn't exactly match our
> > requirements.
>
> What, in particular, needs to be reopened with respect to a
"conversation"?

Ah, so, trying to make an effort to define an OM usable by prollyfills for
CSS (and CSS like languages like CAS) like the ones recently put forward by
adobe (and used by a few of my projects as well) - and point to or provide
a reference implementation of such a parser that could be used by various
preprocessor tools.