RE: Reopening a conversation

On Jan 26, 2013 5:57 AM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
wrote:

> I believe we should have this discussion with Tab Atkins. One of his
focuses this year will be CSS polyfills, I'm sure he'll need to craft some
OM for this; since he already made its own CSS parser in JS, he'll probably
look forward extending it.

> François
>

> ________________________________
> > Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 20:32:51 -0500
> > From: bkardell@gmail.com
> > To: public-nextweb@w3.org
> > Subject: Re: Reopening a conversation
> >

> > Or.. this one
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-nextweb/2012Nov/0097.html
> >
> > :) sorry... stupid phone.
> >
> > Brian Kardell :: @briankardell :: hitchjs.com<http://hitchjs.com>
> >
> > On Jan 25, 2013 8:31 PM, "Brian Kardell"
> > <bkardell@gmail.com<mailto:bkardell@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Now that allen stearns has joined the group, i'd like to reopen this
> > conversation.
> >
> > Brian Kardell :: @briankardell :: hitchjs.com<http://hitchjs.com>

Group (+tab)

I've shared an illustration of the output of Tab's parser
https://raw.github.com/bkardell/css-parser/master/docs/parser-info.html .
The only thing that is slightly misleading/confusing is that this is the
json serialization which isn't exactly the same as the object you get from
parse.  In reality, we could use either/or.  I'd like to propose that this
is probably the best and most complete parser for anything compatible with
the syntax.  We should be able to easily extend this for slightly easier
consumption or run it through transforms if it doesn't exactly match our
requirements.