Re: WebMidi

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:

> would (likely IMO) you really want the objects returned to be prefixed as
> well so that it is fairly obvious in the code what you are doing?
> > >

> > > Kinda… for this API that might be ok. Some parts cannot be prefixed
> because they extend host objects (e.g., MIDIEvent).
> > >

> > This is exactly the part of the discussion that i think is worth having.
> If you xRequest - do you get MIDIEvent or xMIDIEvent... If you get the
> later, then what you describe is not so much a problem, right?
>
> Neither, you get CustomEvent() … there is no way around this. It's a
> problem: you can't extend host objects.

Haha - crap... I even retyped "event" and didn't notice.  Well - that is
certainly a great example of something it would be good to come up with a
common/accepted guidance around :)  I meant to say for stuff like MIDIInput
/ MIDIOutput..

> window.performance.now) which we'd also like to consider how to make
> available easily for things like this - and what form(s) might those take
> to make it both easy and light for authors of prollyfills.
> > >

> > > Ok, so again we come back to Clint's discussion… Performance is a "W3C
> Recommendation" as of "17 December 2012", so that's now "polyfill". No need
> to prefix.
> >
> > No - that's exactly what I mean actually - a friendly way to mix them
> together nicely so it's easy to build and track that stuff...
> Not sure TBH.

Me  neither - it is mostly a question to get the gears rolling.